Nested at the foot of the escarpment of the East African Rift Valley, the hospital of Dareda is located in Babati District of Manyara Region, 206 km south of Arusha. It was founded by the Medical Missionaries of Mary in 1948 and was developed over the years. This hospital is one of the health institutions run by the health department of the Catholic Diocese of Mbulu.
Since 1948, there has been a philanthropy and cooperation of different people – within and outside the country side of Church and State organizations, as well as donor’s organizations. Due to the partnership with international donors, there has been great improvement in the delivery of health services in various fields. Since 2008, the hospital is the council designated hospital of Babati rural District.
The hospital is grateful for everything because it would not be able to function without the help of donors and organizations. Dareda hospital strives to enhance cooperation in the future.